Hello, I have built a custom field that contains a date. The field is called ‘Reopening date’. When the ticket reaches this date, a new ticket should be created with the same information, such as in the priority or in the description. The ticket should be assigned to the person who set the date. The ticket should also have the same task type and be created in the same project. How do I do this? I've already looked into the automations, but I'm not really getting anywhere. I found this article good, and it comes close to my requirements: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862#M6570 But after the second step I can't get any further because the screenshots are missing.
Does anyone have a similar rule that they could make available to me? Screenshots of each bubble will do, of course.
Hello @Antonia
I think you need two automation rules:
Trigger: When the field "Reopening Date" changes.Action: Copy the value of the "Initiator" field into a new user picker field, let's call it "Initiator Reopening Date".This prepares for the next automation .
Trigger: Scheduled (daily) using a JQL query like: "Reopening Date" = startOfDay() Action: Clone the issue, copying the necessary fields, and assign it to the user in "Initiator Reopening Date".Hope this helps inspire you to create the automation!
Hi, thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately I don't see any action that can copy a value. I could only say that the issue should copy itself.
Hello Antonia!Ypu will need two Automation.First one:Trigger: "Reopening date" ChangedAction: Edit Issue, editing user picker field with the initiator smartvalue "{{initiator}}"Second one:Trigger: Daily with JQL: "Reopening date" >= startOfDay() AND "Reopening date" <= endOfDay()Action: Create a new issue, copping the necessary field values from the Trigger issue
@Antonia
From clone action
You can choose the values that don't need to be cloned and decide which fields should have their values copied.
here is a exemple
Thank you. But "Copy the value of the "Initiator" field into a new user picker field," How can I copy something into another field?
Hello @Antonia,
I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.
If copying the field values is too complex with Jira Automation - or if you want to reduce the number of you automations - you could check out our app.
You could also set up a template issue, and then set up an Jira Automation that triggers a Deep Clone using Looping Transitions.
- Set up a template issue by simply creating an issue with the needed information.
- Add a Looping Transition and a Deep Clone Post Function to the issue's workflow.
- Integrate Jira Automation with Deep Clone for Jira
If you have question on that topic, feel free to reach out to us directly.
Hello Gabriel, thank you for your answer! But why would I need in the Trigger "endOfDay()"?
whith this JQL, you will ensure that the "Reopening date" is equals today
A ticket is to be created or cloned when the reopening date is reached.So if I set the date to 15.03.2025, then the new ticket should also be created on 15.03.2025 and not on the day when I updated the field.
Is your JQL still correct?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.