Hi - our Sandbox was rebuilt when a 3rd party was upgrading our JSM/Jira ITSM setup. It was a fast export/import and not fully tested and I've been aware for a while some things are not set up correctly but we had no time at the time to fix it. I suspect this is one of the things that has been busted for a while - although thankfully its happily working in production. But now I have to upgrade this form with this custom field and I would like to understand why its broken and fix it so we can properly test this form. (And I avoid introduce anything wrong into production by ignorance)
The form has a field labelled 'Name' linked to a global custom field Signature with object type Asset Object/s.
A user is expected to type their name in this field and the only name they should be able to type is their own. However the only response given is 'No options' to any interaction even selection.
The custom field's object configuration is:
Object schema: People
Filter scope (AQL): objectType= People
Filter issue scope (AQL): User == currentReporter()
Allow search filtering by these attributes: Name
Object attributes to display on issue view: Name
Field can store multiple objects: No
Display a default object when this field appears in a customer portal: No
Object attributes and type values are what you expect (subset shown). Type is all default
Attributes
- Key Text
- Name Text
- Created DateTime
- Updated DateTime
- Employee ID Text
- User Text
- Email Text
- UPN Text
- Job Title Text
- Manager Text
This all matches in production.
One thing I did notice this morning is that the attribute ID numbers are different - I am assuming this is like the Custom field IDs can be different and I just have to make sure they align. I do not quite understand the response ChatGpt has given me to try to understand the issue as it seems to be everything that is already in the help files. Would appreciate any other suggestions of things to try.