And here we go again for another EXHAUSTING Jira issue that would literally be solved in 5 minutes with any other software... Enough ranting, let's get down to business...
I've been using the CSV Import Wizard a few times already, with more or less success.
It looks like I finally got a structure that gets me 90% of the work done...except for MAPPING AN EXISTING PARENT (EPIC) TO A TASK.
I've just exhausted all my options and would love a CLEAR answer at this stage:
1. Which field should I use to map an existing PARENT / EPIC to a new task: Parent ID? Epic Name? Epic Link? Else?
2. How should I enter said Parent/Epic in my CSV? Literally: how should I write it down? The name of the Parent Epic as it is displayed in the backlog (say, "Cloud Infrastructure")? The way it is displayed in the "Issues" table of the project (eg, "JIRA-1234 Cloud Infrastructure")?
Thanks for your support everyone!