Hello,
after looking around I did not see a definitive clarification, and although I think I know the answer I will just ask here so this is 100% clear for both me and others.
In the free plan I can't change the access settings of a project to private. For clarification, this only relates to access (both visibility and permissions to do things like open new issues) for people in my team. Thus, as an example, I can't restrict two projects to different team members.
However, this does not mean that the project is publicly visible to people outside my team. Others will not be able to see it if they have a link to it, as it would be in an open source project that is public to the world (like on Github). Visibility and access is still restricted to the members added to the team.
In my case, as I intend to use Jira alone for now, I will be the only peron who can not only edit my projects, but also the only person who can see them.
Is this understanding correct?
Regards
Thorsten