As a manager of one of the Jira projects, I’m trying to either restore or delete one of the items that moved into the archive accidentally. While I was searching online for how to do that, I found this https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/archive-an-issue/ but it seems, I don’t have access to that. I have reached out to my manager who is Jira admin, but he doesn't have those items in his menu too, it seems he does not have access too, or there is an issue in Jira. Could you please help me?
If the issue persists, you might want to reach out to Atlassian Support for further assistance. They can help troubleshoot and resolve any potential issues with your Jira instance.
Thanks for letting me know. I have searched all the Atlassian websites, and it directs me to the Atlassian Community. I don't have their contact details. Do you have any email address, or contact number which you can share with me? - Thanks
Hello Ali,
Welcome to community
Could you please check if you have the Archive Issues permission for the project ? Presently archive issues feature is available from premium and enterprise plans
Incase you have the required plan and have the permission to archive issues that you should be able to see it in the left panel under project settings
Standard Plan:
- when you delete an issue it would directly be deleted and lost forever
Premiun Plan
- when you delete the issue it would ask if you want to delete or archive it and if you select archive it would move to archive issues and if you select delete it would deleted.
- Deleted issues wont be moved to archived when deleted
I understand you are trying to connect here : https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ any message that you see while contacting ?
Thank you,
Prachi
Hello @Ali Sadatrezaei ,
In Jira Cloud, only organization admins or Jira admins with the right permissions can restore or delete archived issues. If your manager doesn’t see the archive option, they may lack the necessary permissions, so you should contact your Org Admin to check. If you believe it’s a Jira issue, consider raising a support ticket with Atlassian: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.