We created a new field on a team managed project to limit the story points to certain numbers to select from and not to be a open numerical field. We called it Story Point Estimation
Course as we review the backlog we see our issue, and it is that the out of the box item for the fields is called "STORY POINTS" (In settings if we remove estimation then it is gone). Is there a way to fix this in our team managed project?
A) Can I go back and use the STORY POINTS FIELD and limit the data entered (3, 5, 8, 13 and 21 are the values we are going with). How would I do that? Then would this automatically go from a story, to the backlog (value of the story points) and be added up for that sprint when I review the backlog?
Can I update the list of fields on the backlog? (Team managed project).
Is it better to just create a filter for Issues or List to perhaps use and total up the story points in our new custom field and ignore the story points (Estimate turned off) on the backlog?
Thanks