Hi all,
I have a question regarding domain claiming.
We are currently looking into claiming our domain. The main reason for this is that we want to transition all our Trello projects and users into Jira. We currently have around 500 users in Jira and have just acquired the Premium version of Jira (Cloud) and the Standard version of Confluence. I know for a fact that all the teams using Trello are on the free version.
That's where the issue lies—since I can't export data from a free Trello version, and I'm not able to find any Trello products in our Atlassian instance. The problem is that we have a separate Atlassian instance for our organization, which also uses Jira, Confluence, Trello, and more.
What will happen to that instance if we go ahead and claim our domain in my current instance? I've read a lot about the possible outcomes, but has anyone tried this before and can help me decide whether or not we should claim our domain?
Both instances use our company domain—one is for our eCommerce team, while the other is a mix of different departments. Ideally, I would like to claim our domain without merging the two instances, as they are meant to remain separate.
I hope this makes sense. Otherwise, let me know, and I'll elaborate further.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Simon