Could you demo setting up a knowledgebase? I want to have a customer knowledgebase for documents. I do not want them to have visibility into sensitive information or access to other customers information. I want it to serve as a general knowledgebase for our customers.
Hi @Otis Hill welcome the community. I found this Confluence Knowledge Base community article which may help you out. I like the suggestion of using JSM to provide a front end for the Knowledge Base. You should be able to get away with the free license as you don't really need Agents if you're not answering Support questions but just providing information to them.
This article would give you some more information on the JSM/Confluence integration possibilities: Confluence & JSM
Hope that helps.
Hi @Otis Hill
This might help: How to build a product documentation solution in 30 minutes
It's my article on building product documentation on Confluence.
(expansion on the article is here)
I especially agree with @Dan Breyen suggestion here as it will allow you to create customer portal through JSM and the additional features that comes with it.
If you are opted for Confluence only, then configuring anonymous access in your global permission and further down to space permission is good way to start. Then you can play around with the permission further once you get the hang of it.
Don't hesitate to ask more question in the community, I bet you will get some guidance easily here.
regards,Septa Cahyadiputra
That sounds like a great plan! Confluence is an excellent choice for creating a structured and secure customer knowledge base. Based on best practices, I’d recommend:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.