I have an automation rule that triggers the creation of another task in a different project based on a custom field. E.g. custom field lists Projects A, B and C. If project C is selected in the drop down the automation will create a task in project C.
I then have another rule which is triggered by the first that will then pick up this newly created task, transition the issue to a new state, assign the current fix version. The area I'm having an issue with is getting it to apply the current sprint for the project that it's in.
I've tried using {{sprint.id}}, I've tried doing it via JSON in the advanced fields section and I can't get it to work. Additionally, for some reason if it fails on editing the sprint value it also doesn't update the fix version.
The error I'm getting is usually:
Number value expected as the Sprint id., The Sprint (id) must be a number (customfield_10020))
I think I potentially need to put in some logic so it can figure out which project sprint ID it needs to put in but I'm not sure on how to achieve this.
Any suggestions welcome.