I want to make parent field mandatory for some issue types so how can I do this? Or what is a good way to follow this.
Hello @Sundram Trivedi
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What type of project are you using? Get that information from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Do you want the field required all the time? Do you want it required when the issue is being created and at all times thereafter?
What is your level of access for Jira? Are you an Administrator for the affected project? Are you an Administrator for the entire Jira Application?
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I am a Jira Administrator with access to the entire application. When creating tasks, subtasks, bugs, and epics, I want to make the "Parent" field mandatory. I initially tried using workflow validation, but this also applied to "Theme," which does not have a parent.
Is there a way to enforce the mandatory "Parent" field only for tasks, subtasks, bugs, and epics while excluding themes?
As you found you can modify the workflow for this.
You can have a separate workflow for each issue type in a project.
For a Company Managed project you map workflows to issue types on the Workflow Scheme. Make a copy of the workflow in the scheme used by the project. Make the change to one of the copies. Add that new workflow to the Workflow Scheme mapping it to the issue type you want to affect.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-workflow-schemes/
Actually I am a beginner in jira admin, I don't know exactly how to use it for make parent field mandatory for some types of issues except theme issue type but I will try.
I initially tried using workflow transition validator, but this also applied to "Theme," which does not have a parent.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.