In our company we have a few different service desks with their own agents to follow the issues. But sometimes clients misjudge the problem and log it in the wrong service desk project.
So in these cases I move the issues manually, though I wanted to streamline this and make an automation rule the agents can trigger to move this issue instead of sending a request my way to move the issue saving time.
However moving isn't possible through automation and so instead I use the solution to clone and then delete the original issue. However by doing so I did notice that tickets clones this way lose the status of a service request and the client/reporter don't see the newly cloned issue in their portal and also don't get any notifications.
I was wondering if there is something I have to set specifically in the clone action to make sure the newly cloned issue is still handled as a service request/incident logged by the client.