Hello,
I would like to ask, if it is possible to use Jira - cloud hosting by datacenter in Europe? Unfortunately it is company policy. Thank you.
All JIRA cloud servers are spread over datacenters in the US according to https://www.atlassian.com/trust/policies/cloud-security
Guess you can raise a request to make them provision a datacenter here, if interest is large enough.
As announced at the last Atlassian Summit, a first European data-center (located in Ireland) is now available.
You can Sign-up for our public beta offering and be one of the first customers to have their data hosted in Europe by going to:- https://www.atlassian.com/trust/infrastructure
Best Regards,DarioAtlassian Cloud Support
They're looking at it seriously - the biggest client bases are the US, Germany and then the UK, and as it's illegal to hold certain types of data in the US, there's a significant need for one in Europe. I think the UK has lost the deal because the data centre will need to be in the EU to cover the market properly, but they are looking at a European data centre.
Hi,
We are in same situation, it would be great if JIRA could get european data centers.
Any news on this matter? timeplan?
I've got nothing new.
Dear Dario,
While searching for information on data security in relation with the new EU GDPR legislation, I like to know if it is possible to have our Jira/Confluence Cloud instanced "moved" to servers that are hosted within the EU. We might be forced to stop using Jira if this cannot be done.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards,
Rob GeraedtsManager Operations Simac QuadCore AutomationThe Netherlands
Please raise this as a support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact - we're end users here, not full support, and Dario may not see or get to your question as fast as you'd like. Support will see it faster.
I know you can have an instance on the Irish data center. I don't know if Atlassian will move it for you (worst case, buy a new one in Ireland and move your data from old to new, but hopefully Atlassian can move it without you having to do that!)
Any updates on this? I Can't believe Atlasssian picked Iceland as "European" data center. Iceland is not in the EU. Why not a data center in Germany, Netherlands, etc?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.