I am trying to create an automation rule that does the following:
When a Problem Report issue type is selected for transition from status Implementation to status Verification, the rule will check if there are any linked issues of the type Change Request. If one or more are present the rule will check if any of these Change Request issues are not in Closed status. If there are still Change Request issues that are not closed a comment will be entered on the Problem Report issue stating that there are still open Change Requests, and the Problem Report will be transitioned back to Implementation. I'm missing how to affect the Problem Report issue as the comment gets logged in the "linked" Change Request issue and of course that issue cannot transition back to Implementation because that is not a valid Change Request transition. Here is what my rule looks like, as you can see I've tried using Lookup Issue to switch back to the "trigger" issue.
