Update:
The target instance does not have any projects and issues yet, it's absolutely clear.
Hi Anatoliy,
If the destination instance doesn't have any data in it, you can perform a full export of the source Cloud instance and perform a full import into the destination instance. Please see Export Issues and Importing Issues for further details.
Cheers,
Clarissa.
Hey Anatoliy,
To achieve this, you need to:
- Export an XML backup from both instances (source and destination);- Install a new JIRA server using the latest version available;- Import the XML backup from the destination instance into this new JIRA Server;- Use the Project Import tool to import the projects and issues into this new instance;- Create an XML backup from this server instance;- Import the backup into the Cloud JIRA.
JIRA Cloud don't have the Project Import functionality, and that's why you need to follow those steps to achieve this.
Hope it helps!
CheersAndre
I believe the following KB article will be helpful: How to Merge Two JIRA Cloud Instances.
I hope this helps.
Hmm. Why I need the JIRA Server? I forgot to mention, if it matters - the target instance is new and does not have any projects yet. May be I can just import XML backup from source to destination?
Both of your answers useful, guys, but I mark this as correct because it makes more sense with accordance to the update in my question.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.