Hello - my company is using Checklist for Jira Cloud (free)I am looking for a way to do an automated email notification that goes into a specific issue, looks at the checklist, and sends a list of the summaries of incomplete items.It would also be great if we could tie various tasks in 1 checklist to various corresponding users. Then we can tag the user alongside the incomplete item in the email.Example:The below checklist items form STORY-123 are incomplete:
From what I can tell, it isn't easily possible to go into the checklist and pull out individual items. You can only say whether a checklist is 100% complete or not
Hi @Christy Kennedy
In the documentation for that marketplace addon, there are many automation rule examples. Here is one similar to your scenario, using a regular expression go determine if a specific item is completed: https://docs.herocoders.com/checklist/add-label-when-a-given-checklist-item-completed
That example could be inverted and adjusted for your scenario, checking for specific ones which are not completed.
Updated: it appears you are using a different app than I found searching, although the use of custom fields appears similar.
As their documentation does not have examples / details for your scenario, you may want to first use this how-to article to understand how they store a checklist as a custom fields: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
As this is a marketplace app, I recommend experimenting and writing values to the audit log until it works as want. Once it works, you could start sending the emails.
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.