Hello,Can someone give me a hint on how to import more than 30 components to Jira in bulk? In other similar topics, I found link to the article, but the link does not work anymore.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bulk-import-components-into-jira-720418562.html
Is there any other way please? Thank you
Hi,
1) You can try this: How to bulk import Components into Jira Projects and Issues | Jira | Atlassian Documentation
2) you can use the API: The Jira Software Cloud REST API
You can vote for suggestion here: [JRACLOUD-76869] Ability to bulk upload Components and Versions with details like Description, Component Lead, etc - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
If it helps, please accept the answer to close the question
Hi @AndraskoP ,
Welcome to the community !!
In native jira, there is no direct option to bulk import components into jira projects.
You can make use of csv import to create components in bulk but you will have to create a "dummy" issue for the purpose of importing the values.
You can make use of steps mentioned in the link below. In the csv file, while importing map values to component field.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bulk-import-custom-field-values-for-certain-types-of-custom-field-827123935.html
The sample csv file used for my impor:
Thank you for reply! I used the steps in the article and it did work for one project but for another the import did not work.I guess it is because I do not have a permission to create/edit issues in the project. I can create manually component in the projece, but since the import is adding component through addind it to the issue, the import did not work.Am I right?Thank you
I granted me permissions to edit issues, but still the import seems that was succesfull but I can´t see any new component. Do you know what can be the reason?
Hi,Thank you! It did help, but just for one of the projects. Please chcek my reply above. Thank you.
To create Component, you should have project admin permission.
@AndraskoP
When you are importing in second project, can you share the SS of the import file that you are using?
Also, can you share the logs (if any) once the import issue is done?
Below is the caveat as noted in the article,
Unfortunately, this work around is not working anymore. The issue has been created but not the components. I got the following error.
Hi @Saif Allah AZZAZA ,
Hi @Rilwan Ahmed
Yes I am a project admin & org admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.