Hello, In Jira Software I have a set of multi-select dropdown fields in a 3-tier hierarchy: This hierarchy will be heavily populated with options and I want to only reveal the relevant fields to each task owner so that the Create / Edit issue screens don't become filled with unnecessary fields. These would be multi-select dropdowns, so task owners could pick several options.
I noticed that I can attach forms that offer this conditional functionality, but they seem to only work for Creating issues. If a task owner needs to Edit Issue, he would revert to the regular screens that don't seem to provide this functionality.
I know that Jira Service Management offers this functionality but I would try to stay with Jira Software for other features that serve well for our workflow.
Is there a way to bring this functionality, through forms or regular Jira task screens, so that it is available both when Creating and Editing Issues? If not natively, then through add-ons maybe?
Below is a very simplified structure, to better illustrate what is my intention:
Dropdown
Option 1 (first tier)
-> Option 1A (second tier)
-> 1Aa (third tier)
-> 1Ab
-> 1Ac
-> Option 1B (second tier)
-> 1Ba (third tier)
-> 1Bb
-> 1Bc
Option 2 (first tier)
-> Option 2A (second tier)
-> 2Aa (third tier)
-> 2Ab
-> 2Ac
-> Option 2B (second tier)
-> 2Ba (third tier)
-> 2Bb
-> 2Bc
The task owner could pick from the above any number of options, but if he only wants to pick options 2Bb and 2Bc, he would only see the first tier dropdown, then when he picks Option 2, I would reveal a new dropdown with options 2A and 2B, and when he picks 2B I would only reveal that dropdown with 2Ba 2Bb 2Bc.