Why doesn't the Jira "create button" create projects. It took a long time simply to figure out how to create a new Jira project because the button only offers a pull-down of existing projects. Bizarre software you've made.
-John
Welcome @Andrew John Callegari Jr_
Come to think of it, this might indeed confuse new users. In Confluence for example, when you click on Create, you are offered to create a space, a page, a whiteboard or a database.
Hi @Andrew John Callegari Jr_,I can see how this could be confusing. Generally speaking, creating a project in Jira shouldn't be as common of an occurrence as creating issues and, in many cases, only Jira admins have the ability to create projects anyway.
I believe most of the confusion happens because the definition of a project can vary, which is why I find this article particularly helpful. I hope it helps you!
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Best-Practices-Strategies-for-Defining-your-JIRA-Projects/ba-p/603061
Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.