Hello!
We are relatively new to Jira around here so I apologize if this question has been asked and answered but I was unable to find out if what I am trying to do is even possible.
We are setting up a New Hire Onboarding process using a form created in Jira. As of right now, it is the only form in our Help Center. However, we have been using the Knowledge Base for our internal articles. When the portal link is access, it goes to the Knowledge base, not the Help Center. This is not something we want employees to be able to access. I tried changing the permissions to be only Confluence users having the ability to view the articles but it did not remove them from the portal and my fellow admin lost the ability to see them either which was strange.
A direct link to the Help Center and, even better the New Hire Form, works perfectly fine. They can, however, click into the portal which will just confuse my users.
I have a few questions as a result of all of this.
1: Is it possible to remove the Knowledge base from the Portal or at least hide it from end users?
2: Is there another place within Jira we can or should be putting our internal documentation to avoid this?
3: How do I disable the portal part completely and, if I do that, does that disable the Help Center and the ability to use the new form? I would like end users to only be able to access the Help Center for making their requests as we do not have plans to provide a knowledge base for users.
I have other questions regarding forms and workflows and such but those are out of the scope of this specific question so I will make another post if I cannot find the answers to those on my own.
Thanks for your help!