Hi
I’m trying to insert the table filter macro into the expand macro, but it just ends up outside of it. It’s very frustrating, and I know it works fine in the local version. I’m using the Cloud version of Confluence. Any suggestions for a solution?
Hello @Kim Tore Holte and welcome to the Community.
Some Cloud macros cannot be nested.
Having said that... 'table filter macro' is not a native Confluence macro, is it? It doesn't show up in my Confluence (Cloud, Premium)... Maybe there's a different solution for your use case.
No, it's not a native Confluence macro. It's an app I've downloaded (Table filter, charts & spreadsheets for Confluence), but I hope that someone has a solution for this problem:)
OK... try the following:
So you have a page A with the expand macro.
Hi @Kim Tore Holte ,
Seems that you've run into a known Confluence Cloud limitation: macros with bodies can't be nested.
The workaround given by @Kristian Klima works because the Include Page (Excerpt Include or our Table Excerpt Include) is a bodiless macro.
Not sure what you mean by the "local version" where everything works: if it is Data Center, then there is no such limitation and you can nest macros directly on the page.
If you are talking about Cloud, you may have a page created in the old Cloud editor that resembles Server/Data Center. But in the new Cloud editor it is impossible (that's why for Cloud we've developed the Table Toolbox macro where you can nest several macros provided by the app).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.