Is there a way to search Asset object using The Jira Cloud platform REST API?
I see there is The Assets REST API but this forces me to use a different endpoint and also make extra call to get workspaceid.
Hi @Fabio Tavares ,
On Cloud you are required to use the Assets specific REST API.
on premise, you would have all the data on your own instance but now it seems that you are actually calling the Assets system and identifying your data using the workspace id.
So, unfortunately, no you cannot use the regular Cloud REST API to get Assets data, you'll have to use the Assets REST API for that.
Hello and Welcome,
i think actually you can not search Assets via Jira API, In case you want get data from asset customfields , you can use Assets JQL Functions | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support with https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-jql-get BRKai
If I'm understanding this right, I would need the asset to be connected to an issue to attempt this way which is not what I'm looking for unfortunately.
Indeed, you'll be better off connecting directly to Assets using
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/rest/api-group-object/#api-object-aql-post and performing an AQL search
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.