I am using JIRA Cloud. I have a date field in a Create screen and wish to introduce a validation to restrict users from entering dates which fall on a Saturday and Sunday.
How can I implement it?
Thanks.
@Marco Scicluna Polo!
I think it will kinda difficult to pull this off. The workflow validator doesn't accept complex checks. You may want to try with some add-ons.
Another solution is to set up an Jira Automation that validates the date on issue created trigger, and removes or edit it to be within " businessDays ".
Hi @Marco Scicluna
If you require a validator, consider using a Jira expression-based validator. There are several options available on the marketplace, or maybe you already have one.
I am from Forgappify, and we developed Jira Expression Validator, which is part of the Workflow Building Blocks for Jira app.
The expression you could use is as follows:
![6,7].includes(new CalendarDate(issue.customfield_12345).getDay())
You need to change the ID of the custom field to a valid one. In the editor, after 'issue.', start typing the name of the field, and you will get suggestions with the correct value.
I hope it will help
Cheers
Thank you. I will consider investing into a new add-in.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I installed WBB and inserted your code. It worked brilliantly. Thank you ver much.
Awesome!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.