I want to be able to set up the advance roadmap so that I can prioritize Epics and Enhancements at the same level. We have large bodies of work (epics) and small bodies of work (enhancements) that we want to prioritize against each other on a single roadmap. This doesn't seem like a far fetched concept to me? In order to view epics and enhancements on the same level in the roadmap you have to adjust the hierarchy. If you adjust the hierarchy then it messes up the project backlog view and you can no longer see enhancements unless you enable epics but then it's not in the same backlog list.
Is there something I'm missing so that I can have one roadmap view and prioritize epics and enhancements together without messing up the backlog view?
Having epics and enhancements separated out in the advance roadmap view seems counter productive when we have one pool of work we have to prioritize and plan for. I basically want epics/enhancements on the same level in the roadmap but for enhancements to still show up in the backlog like user stories.
It seems this can't be done in jira currently, does anyone have other suggestions or ideas for how we can prioritize our work in a single view with epics/enhancements in the same priority list?
Thanks for any help.