Hi,
Some of our users cannot receive password reset emails. If you could help us, I'll be appreciated.
thanks
Ahmet
Open a support request for Atlassian and they should be able to unlock that for your site.
Hi Ahmet,
Ask them to check in Junk/Spam folder.
Hope this will help.
Hello @Ahmet Kalkan
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Have you checked these troubleshooting tips?
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/password-reset-issues/
Are the users experiencing the problem receiving any other email notifications from any Atlassian Cloud products?
The tags on your post say you are using the Free subscription plan. Is that accurate? If you are on a paid subscription then your Organization Administrators should be able to open a support ticket directly with Atlassian at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Thanks for the quick answer.
I've checked them and seen suppression problems so that's why I'm here
I can get emails while my colleagues can't. If that's the case do I need to be on a paid subscription?
ahmet
If you are on a paid subscription your administrators can open a support case directly with Atlassian support.
If you are on a Free subscription you cannot open a support case, but I can flag your question here in the community to get a support case opened on your behalf, which I will do.
You should hear from Atlassian within 2 business days.
thank Trudy, saved my day.
Hi @Ahmet Kalkan
I understand that you have some users that cannot reset their passwords. I tried to lookup which users this might be, but I cannot see the details of your site, and it doesn't appear that these users are on the same email domain as you.
You could try to navigate within Jira to Settings > System > Admin email audit
The URL should look something like this:
[yoursite].atlassian.net/jira/settings/system/notification-logs
Are you seeing messages such as invites or other notification being blocked by the recipients mail server here? If so, there might be an option for you to request to clear the suppression for that user directly on that page.
If that does not help, could you let me know more about these users? Are these JSM customer role users?
Hi Andy,
They are administration users.
When I checked the notification logs, the status of the emails were "Invite not sent" for the users we're having problems.
could you please lookup again for the users affected?
I found one user on your domain that looks like they were being suppressed. But I also cleared this for other users on your domain. Try to sent the invitations/password resets now. These should be able to get through.
Let me know the results.
Andy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.