I would like the automation steps to automatically import a smart checklist template when an issue with a certain description is created.
Hi @HENDRICKS, JODI & welcome to the community,
You should take a look at the support documentation of the app:
https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/3454730248/Add+Checklist+on+Issue+Creation
You can set an issue property when an issue has been created with the description you are looking for. With that the smart checklist will show up.
Welcome @HENDRICKS, JODI
Natively, Jira doesn't have templates for checklists nor it does support the checklists as a feature. Rather these are defined as action items that can be added one by one.
For having the checklists as a template without the automation though, you can look here:
https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CD/pages/3428550593/Apply+Checklist+Template
Hi @Nikola Perisic ,
Not quite true. Since november last year Jira does have the concept of action items, which you can add in your issue. However, you can't add them via automation.
Hi @Rudy Holtkamp
As I've stated in my post, checklists are named as action items that you can indeed add to your issues. Plus it was followed with statement that there is the app that makes checklist templates.
You're right, I had overlooked it.
If you're looking for a solution that doesn't require setting up a Jira automation rule, you can use the Behavior Builder by Templating.app
There you can just set the condition in the app:
If field type description = Your preferred description
Then run modification = Add description with your preferred checklist template
If you want to see this in action with a similar use case feel free to watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZphrYdszVFo
Hey @HENDRICKS, JODIwelcome to the community! Please check out Smart Checklist documentation, here's how you can use Smart Checklist Templates in Jira Automation: https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/3921543201/Use+Templates+in+Automations Let me know if you need any further guidance!
I have a Global Smart Checklist Template that I want to build automation to automatically add the Global Template to the Epic for certain projects. I can define the projects in the automation rule that I want the Global Template to be added to.
However, after researching how to do this for hours it turns out Global Templates don't have Template ID's. The support documentation says to use the Template ID, but it doesn't say Global templates won't have Template ID's.
First, it would be helpful if the documentation clearly stated that Global Templates don't have Template ID's.
Second, how I can build automation using a Global Template? I don't want to maintain the same template under 10 different projects. When an Epic is created, if the Project is in automation list then I want the Global Template added to the Epic. I can get the automation to work fine on non-Global Templates, like Linked but I really need it to work for Global Templates.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.