We have a very large, scaled data center instance of Jira without over 1000 rules. While I appreciate that if a rule isn't being, it's not causing an impact on performance, I would like old configuration data that is not being used to be cleaned up.
I cannot see any mechanisms in Automation for Jira that exist to say:
- Set rule deactivation based on use (e.g., if an active rule hasn't been used for 90 days, it's deactivated)
- Set rule deletion based on use (e.g., if a rule hasn't been used for 180 days, it's deleted)
- Set a notification that triggers ahead of deactivation/deletion to notify the owner
Unless there's another way to do these things, what we have to implement is either a manual-heavy process of investigating the audit logs associated with rules to identify their usage, and then act on them individually. This isn't something we can reasonably do.
How have other users gone about this assuming I'm not the only platform owner trying to stave off the unrelenting growth of data.