I have a validator in a workflow to make sure a custom field is filled in before approval. However the validator nor the screen I have in place are working. Is this because the transition is from Approval to Waiting for Support?
@Jesse Ortega Jr -
When you stated it is working - Are you saying the transition is completed even when the required field is not populated? Secondly, Is the field in question included in the ESD: Offboarding Verification pop-up screen?
If the field is not included in the pop-up screen, then your validator setup will not work. Typically, when one setup validators to required the transition must fail when fields are not populated, then those fields must be included in the pop-up screen for one to populate.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Hello @Joseph Chung Yin - The ticket transitions to the next status even though the required field is not populated. Yes, the required field of "HR Access Term Date" is included in the "ESD: Offboarding Verification" pop-up screen.
@Jesse Ortega Jr
Hi Jesse:
So the transition's screen is setup to your image above. Have you check to see if the field itself has a context setup against your specific project/issue type?
Best, Joseph
Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin for the quick reply. I have checked the custom field and saw no restrictions. I also check if there are any restrictions with the screen and nothing either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.