Hello!
I would really like some help with an automation.
There are three steps in my workflow:
- Write
- Edit
- Approve
Each step is done by a separate person, and the people who do each step will be different for every separate workflow. I have created custom fields (people fields) for each person on the issue, eg:
- Write: Alex Smith
- Edit: Roger Smith
- Approve: David Smith
I would like to write an automation which does the following:
When I change the status from Write to Edit, the issue automatically gets assigned to whoever I've allocated the edit job to.
I have tried the following automations (which haven't worked):
FIRST TRY
When: Issue transitioned from Write to Edit
Then: Edit issue fields Assignee
- Set: {{Edit.DisplayNAME}}
And: Re-fetch issue data
The rule has been validated, and has run but it's not updating the assignee field with the name of the person who is doing the edit stage.
SECOND TRY
When: Issue transitioned from Write to Edit
Then: Assign the issue to: {{Edit.DisplayNAME}}
And: Re-fetch issue data
Please help!!