Hello,
I have a Jira Cloud team-managed project. I have two issue type - parent issue is called main task and child issue is called subtask. Basically this project is getting approvals for the ticket before a change can be implemented. Users will create a ticket (main task) and each main task will have multiple subtasks - depending on what kind of change (external or internal). Automation rules are set in place whereby every time a ticket is created, the subtasks will be created automatically. External will have 13 subtasks and internal will have 11 subtasks. In the context field of the subtask issue type, there is a custom field called Control Owners (I selected the available create a field option and select people field and renamed it to Control Owners).
Each subtask has different Control Owners. Subtask 1 will have User A and User B and subtask 2 will have User C and User D and so on. Is there a way to set up an automation rule whereby the transitioning / approving of the status on the subtasks are limited to the Control Owners listed for each subtask?
I have set the rule but it failed because I can still transit / approve the status of the subtask 1 when I am not the Control Owner. When I tried to edit the workflow, it doesn’t address my objective because I included all the names of the Control Owners under restrict users who can move the status. So, Control Owners (User A & User
for subtask 1 can still transit / approve status for subtask 2 when they are not the Control Owners for subtask 2.
Is there a workaround for this? Because I really need it to work whereby it only allows User A and User B to transit / approve subtask 1 and not subtask 2, and User C and User D can only transit / approve the status of subtask 2 and not subtask 1 and so on.
Thank you in advance.