After the results populate from my JQL, I select the icon to export into Excel (desktop or online), then I receive the import error. I tried both Desktop and Online as well as Edge and Chrome. Link of error message
I'm getting the same error.
Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_ , @Denise Dobbins You can change your filter to query from Basic to JQL, remove the Ordered by fields, and try exporting it again. I did the same and it resolved my issue.
I cannot know if it is the same problem, but another user reported similar symptoms here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Unable-used-apps-gt-open-an-excel-gt-excel-on-desktop/qaq-p/2925476#U2925833
Fixed it, after removing the ordered by fields(there was many fields added as order by ASC and DESC). You can check it when you change your query from Basic to Advanced.
Thank you. Unfortunately, the queries I am using are JQL and cannot be switched to basic. I receive, "This query is too complex to display in Simple mode."
This worked!!! Thank you!!!
Got it, so you can remove everything from ORDER By till the end then do the search and try to export.
Yes, I can. Once I updated the query, I was able to successfully export into Excel as I always have. I am not certain what changed or why this happened, but I am glad it can continue to create my reports. Thanks!
Hi,
Sorry to hear about this problem. We are tracking this problem over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-754
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.