I'm having trouble setting default field values with automation when creating a incident from an alert.
The Create Incident action only accepts a handful of fields for explicit setting but says "please use the advanced section if your field is not available". Fair enough, that's not too tough, done it many times in other automation rules.
However, when I specify my custom field in the additional fields section, I get an error stating:
"The set fields may be unavailable for this project/type. Fields ignored:
Incident Duration (customfield_14800)".
Its clearly finding the field but it fails to set a value. I've dumbed the thing down to the point where all I'm to do is set a hard-coded value but even that throws the same error.
I've written the exact same rule as a manual rule on an issue and the rule runs fine but when I try it on an alert, no dice. My thinking is that since Alerts are not actual issues there's something in the automation implementation for Alerts that's just not working.
Here's a screenshot of my rule.
Here's the audit entry
Am I missing something simple here? Given that the exact same rule seems to work on when its on an issue instead of an alert...I tend to think not.