Hello,
I'm trying to set up the simple/basic component lead assignment in a servicedesk project in Jira. First I tried with automations (as chatgpt made me believe this would work) but it didn't and then decided to just use the built-in functionality for it. I have set the component lead on one of our component and created an issue only with that component, but it doesn't assign it.
I've already looked at these things:
- I am not updating the issue, I am creating it (as we want it to work)
- I have checked if the user has assignable user permission (they do)
- I have checked if there are any automations still running (even legacy ones), there's no modern automations, there are some legacy ones, but they don't change the assignee.
- I have checked the default assignee for the project, it was not set, I set it to the project lead, as all other issues which can't be determined from the component, should go to that user.
I am at a loss (and so is chatgpt) on where it's going wrong.
We use atlassian cloud with jira and jira servicedesk management.
Does anyone have any idea where this might still go awry?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Kind regards,
André