I’m working with the Jira REST API to fetch data for a project, but I’m running into a 429 Too Many Requests error
Hi @Basil Babu
Welcome to community!
This error would mean that there is a high volume of requests at that time. Could you look at https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rate-limiting/ and see how to adapt?
Hi Basil,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
In Jira Cloud, the error "429 Too Many Requests" occurs when your application or script has exceeded the rate limit imposed by Atlassian's REST API. This is a protective mechanism to prevent overloading their servers and to ensure fair usage across all users and applications.
Exceeding Rate Limit:
Burst of API Calls:
Inefficient API Usage:
Respect the Rate Limit:
Retry-After
Optimize API Calls:
Implement Retry Logic:
Interestingly I got this error code one second after generating an access token for gitkraken and configuring it in the app. Somehow it managed to reach that limit in less than a second.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.