I'm using a kanban board because we don't use sprints (we release when work is done, and putting a due date on tickets doesn't make the work happen faster, at lease with senior devs, imo). However, I find it really hard to prioritize work because when something gets picked up, it vanishes from my backlog. I understand from the forum that there's some "Next Gen" thing I can't find that doesn't have that problem and will even let me see a few days of complete. I can't find it though. I don't seem to be the only person struggling with the kanban board.
I've been advised by another PM at a different company to make a sprint board with no sprints so I can see everything. I'll do that, but it just feels icky to have to do that instead of working in the same place as my team. Does anyone have other advice? The team is growing fast and I need to find the most efficient way to keep this organized. We don't have much hygiene practices in place yet, really starting from scratch.