I created a project management project and create epic, task and sub-task. I put the start and due date of sub-task. Can I roll-up date to task and epic?
Hello, Good day. Roll-up dates are available only in the Jira plans timeline and not the project-specific timeline. If you are looking to copy dates from sub-task to task, we can explore automation for Jira option.
Hello @Angkana Lapthamrong
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
You could use Automation Rules to role up the dates. I wrote an article about it here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Updating-dependent-task-s-dates-when-predecessor-task-date/ba-p/2816977
Your post tags indicate you are using a free Jira subscription. If that is true you are limited to 100 rule executions per month. In that case the automation rules solution may not be right for you. Refer to this page for information about how automation rule usage is calculated.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/how-is-my-usage-calculated/
Sorry this isn't the most helpful answer, but re-creating the project as a software development - kanban project is the only way I've found to make the roll up dates work..
Suggesting to use automation is a bad solution. It feels like there is a setting I'm missing (I am also new at Jira) because some of the project templates roll up dates and others don't and I don't know why! (there is no automation set up that I can see that would do it)
Hello @Rob Jenkins
If you want to explore why some projects appear to roll up dates and others don't, please start a new Question by clicking on the Ask a question button at the top of the Community screen. We would need more details to offer feedback on your scenario such as the Subscription type you have, the project types involved (obtained from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu), and screen images showing examples where dates are rolled up and where they are not.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.