Hello,
I am attempting to add a user but when I click this "Add 1 person" button nothing happens. They have been invited and have accepted the invite. Is there something else I must do?
Hi @Brian , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.
Maybe it's a silly question but have you chosen a role from this screen? You will need to check out the permission scheme to make sure you enable the user to a role that gives them the permissions they need to work. For example, you at least need to give a role that grants 'browse project' permission, otherwise the user won't see the project.
If you have other questions or if this doesn't help, please write again.
Best wishes
Hi Valerie,
I am seeing this when attempting to choose a role. But I should still be able to add people to my project on the free plan correct?
Hi @Brian , thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the confusion on my part. I didn't know this was a free instance.
Please check out the documentation on the limitations of free plans https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/
So, to answer your question, you shouldn't have to do anything else. Everyone who is accessing the instance should be about to access the projects. Is the user saying they can't access the project?
Okay sorry for the confusion there.
I'm not quite sure. They have accepted the invite they said but they are not showing up within the sprint so that I can assign tasks to them.
Is it normal to have two products like this? One jira admin and one just jira?
Hola @Brian
When you add a user to the project by assigning them a role, you will be able to see them in the following section: Project Settings > Access > People and Access.By doing this, you will assign them a role and a JSM license (if the user didn’t already have a license).
It’s recommended to evaluate, based on your objective, whether it’s more appropriate for the user to have an active license as an Agent or be a Customer. Keep in mind that anyone without a Jira Service Management license who is assigned a customer role consumes a paid license, effectively counting as an Agent.
If you need further assistance, feel free to explain the purpose of adding this user, as assigning licenses without a clear purpose could lead to unnecessary costs.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.