Hi.
I would like, for every Issue created, 10 Sub-Tasks must be created inside each Issue/Task
How can I achieve that using Automation?
Hi @Andile Luvuno,
For a scenario like this, I would assume your sub-tasks are fixed / default sub-tasks. Quite simply, set up your automation rule like this:
The condition I added in the second step is a way to control that subtasks only get created when my created issue meets certain criteria (in my example, if it has the label Jira. But, obviously, consider what makes sense for your use case).
Every Create Sub-Task action allows you to set specific fields. In my example, I am creating 4, but you can add more of course.
Hope this helps!
Hi Walter,
Thank you for the response,
This works, however, i have a slight issue, when the rule ran, it created the Sub-Tasks inside Each created Task and then proceeds to create the same Sub-Tasks Outside as New "Sub-Tasks"
How Can I prevent that from happening, so it only creates the Sub-Tasks inside the intended Tasks?
Thank you.
sub-tasks can't be created without a parent, so you honestly got me confused there about this statement:
when the rule ran, it created the Sub-Tasks inside Each created Task and then proceeds to create the same Sub-Tasks Outside as New "Sub-Tasks"
Can you share (a) screenshot(s) of your full automation rule and evidence of what goes wrong, so I can understand what you mean ...
Hi Walter, Please see below rule:
The below is correct:
What happens afterwards, Extra Sub-Tasks, "Outside"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.