I have an automation that puts specific text into the description field when a specific component is added to an issue. I am running into the issue that if the component is removed from the issue and then readded it will add my specific text to the description field again causing duplicate information. How do I create a condition that if the text has already been written to the description field it will not duplicate it if the component is deleted and re-added.
Hi @Pfohl Jason
You can use an IF condition with something like this as your JQL:
Where !~ means 'does not contain'
Would I need to add an action after the condition to stop the duplication?
Assuming your automation is similar to:
Trigger: Component added / issue updated
If Component = "Specific Component"
Then: Add you text to Description
You could add in the check for description alongside or after the check for specific component:
e.g. :
If Component = "Specific Component" AND Description !~ "Your text"
OR
IF Description !~ "Your text"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.