Hi. I am trying to understand the relationship of Jira to Confluence and trying to understand whether to adopt either or both. I can see how nicely and tightly integrated they are, but I wondered abut cross-over or duplication of functionality.
For example there are several useful looking Confluence templates for software development - a collection of five - not looked at any others yet, but some of these appear to duplicate the way goals or product discovery issues would be managed inside Jira projects.
Grateful to anyone who can spare five mins to outline how they use these two Atlassian cloud based solutions together. Currently use Trello and OneNote and want to get something more scalealbe and better integrated. Trello lacks some important management features, such as process specification/control, admin control of board format (columns), swimlanes, and the ability to (easily) consolidate issues from multiple projects on one board. Also planning to integrate this system to MS Teams (which works well with OneNote).