I have 2 automation rules that were running successfully yesterday, today I get an error message 'Unable to run this component'. Are automation rules this unpredictable? What would cause a rule to quit working when it hasn't been changed?
Rule:
Hi @Ann Rumenapp ,
I have found automation to be rather robust generally. I wonder if something has changed in your project configuration. What I recommend based on what I see in your image is too rebuild your automation, or at least the component that is erroring to see if you can get it to work. It is certainly possible that there may be some regression that has happened as a result of updating your instance, but I don't initially suspect that.
You might even just create a new manual rule for troubleshooting purposes that checks that CCR condition and has a log action to record the CCR.
I deleted the rule and re-created it, The rule worked once (11:11:54), then second run quit working (11:19:37) with the same error. The rule name is 'ECPMO Validation of Scope Change'
Hi @Ann Rumenapp
Adding to Jack's suggestions...
I do not see any errors in your rule's audit log; instead it shows conditions were not met and a transition did not occur (which could happen for various reasons).
And does that message "Unable to run this component" appear in the log or in the rule editor?
Please post an image of the complete rule in a single image file. To do that, you may need to use a screen capture tool or browser addon for scrolling page capture. Seeing the entire rule at once will provide better context to diagnose any symptoms you observe.
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.