I currently created an issue with the issue type "Daily Task(I created)" and linked lots of existing issues to it (using "relates to"). I want to set a due date for this issue in order to display it on the calendar. How can I create an automation rule that sets(synchronize) the due date of all linked issues to match the due date specified for this "Daily Task" issue?
Hi @MultiTime
If I'm understanding correctly, you'll probably need a couple automation rules to achieve what you're looking for:
Another thing to consider is that the "source" issue when linking issues is important for the automation to work. So the first rule will only work if you are linking the Existing Issue to the Daily Task, not the other way around.
Of course, you can add another automation to handle that scenario as well, but this should get you on the right track.
Hope this helps!
Thank you for your kind answer, but now I have a problem in not knowing what I have to write as a smart value. What should I write?
Of course! If you select the ellipses (...) on the right side there should be an option to "Copy" from a field value, and then select the trigger issue.
Oh, it works. Thank you😄😄
Hello @MultiTime
As an alternative to Automation (that can be complex sometimes, especially for your use case), I would suggest trying our app Elements Copy & Sync to synchronize the due date between your linked issues.
The app allows you to synchronize selected fields between linked issues (one way or both ways) .
Don't hesitate to check the documentation and try the app for yourself (its free during 30 days), it’s really quick and easy to set up.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.