- Goal: I want to create a rule that:
- Checks the ticket status every 24 hours.
- Automatically updates the priority and sends a notification if the ticket has been unresolved for over 48 hours.
- Problem: I’ve configured the rule using the "Automation" feature, but it’s not triggering as expected. Either it’s not identifying the correct tickets, or it’s skipping some altogether.
- What I’ve Tried:
- Set the trigger to run on a schedule every 24 hours.
- Used JQL:
status = "Open" AND updated <= -2d. - Added actions to update the priority and send an email notification.
- Tested the rule manually, and it works inconsistently.
Additional Context:
- Hosting type: Jira Cloud.
- Access: Admin permissions on the project.
- The project uses a Kanban board with custom statuses.
If anyone has experience setting up similar rules or troubleshooting automation in Jira Cloud, I’d love to hear your insights or best practices.
Thanks in advance for your help!