While Issue Transition I am trying to Create a Space and Page in confluence both are working but when I am trying to create Page using Global Template(Template contains only text no images) I was unable to do it. For this requirement I am using Send Web Request Action. Can any help me with this.
Detail flow are:
1. On issue transition first space creation
2. Page creation using Global template using smart value from step 1
3. Linking newly created page with Jira issue
Step 2 and Step 3 is not able to finish it kindly guide me with some steps. Thanks in advance
I’m trying to automate the creation of a Confluence space and page during a Jira issue transition. The space and page creation processes are working fine, but I am facing an issue when creating a page using a global template in Confluence.
The template contains only text (no images), but the page is not being created as expected. For this requirement, I’m using the "Send Web Request" action in Jira Automation.
Detailed Flow:
-
Space Creation:
On issue transition, a Confluence space is created successfully.
-
Page Creation Using Global Template:
The goal is to create a page using a Confluence global template, with the content populated using smart values from step 1 (space creation). This step is failing.
-
Linking the Newly Created Page to the Jira Issue:
Once the page is created, it should be linked to the Jira issue. However, this step is not being completed as the previous step fails.
Request for Help:
I need guidance on how to:
- Create a Confluence page using a global template via the "Send Web Request" action.
- Ensure the newly created page is linked to the Jira issue after its creation.
Any tips or step-by-step instructions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!