I want to move issues which contain a lot of customized fields not in bulk but from one project to another. The issue should stay exactly the same with the same information but just in another project. With Move all the customized fields are getting lost because it says that at my target project the issues do not exist. So I rebuild the issue in my target project and then Jira doesn't recognise that it's the same so I would need to reenter the values always again which is not at all time effective. I also tried with a clone automation so that if the issue is transitioned then it clones itself to another project but also this does not work. After my research I found that with a company based project it will be easier to do so but is there no way to just transfer simply a issue from one project to another with any data being lost and just the same information being transferred. Thanks a lot for the help
I want to move individual issues (not in bulk) that contain a lot of customized fields from one project to another in Jira. The issue should retain all the same information and details, but simply exist in a different project. However, when I use the Move option, all the customized fields are lost because the system indicates that the fields in my target project don't match.
As a workaround, I tried manually rebuilding the issue in the target project, but Jira doesn’t recognize it as the same issue. This means I would need to manually re-enter all the field values every time, which is very inefficient.
I also attempted using a clone automation, where the issue would clone itself into another project upon transition, but this approach didn’t work either. After some research, I found that using a company-managed project might make this process easier. However, is there no simple way to transfer an issue from one project to another without losing any data and keeping all the information intact?
Thanks a lot for your help!