I have a trial version of Jira Data Center, version 9.17.1, and when I attempt to create a new hierarchy for the issues types that I created, the menu item 'Issue Type Hierarchy' is absent from the Settings | Issue pane.
Hello @Jeff Armstrong
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Are you referencing a document that says the feature should be in that location? Can you share a link to the document you are referencing? Perhaps it is a document for Jira Cloud rather than Jira Data Center.
Looking at Jira DC v9.12 the option is access not through Settings but rather through Plans > Administration > Hierarchy Configuration.
Welcome to the Community.
In Data Center, the Issue Hierarchy configuration is on the Manage Apps screen under the Advanced Roadmaps section. Look for Hierarchy Levels there and you will be able to create issue hierarchy.
Thanks for your response. I must have been looking at documentation for Jira cloud.
You're welcome.
If your question has been adequately addressed, please consider clicking on the Accept Answer button above my response to mark your Question as Solved.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.