The goal is to: when a story, already attached to an Epic, has it's Story Points changed, that triggers automation to, from the triggering story, to looking at the associated Epic, find all the issue under that Epic, add up their individual Story Points, put that number in the Epic's Story Point field, drop a note in the Comments field, and be done.
There is quite a collection of asks and answers around this for regular fields, custom fields, adding up specific fields, whatever. I just can't get this to work. All the peripheral stuff does: I can write to the Labels field, I can write to the Comments field.
If I manually put some number in the Epic's Story Point field before triggering the automation, when the automation runs, it always overwrite the existing number with 0.
What am I doing wrong?
Cheers.
JGV
Overall Automation

Detail on the Story Points Calc

Pre-Changing a Story's Points

Post-Changing a Story's Points