I have a Custom field which is a Select List MulitChoice. The field is called "IanTestSelectListMultiChoice". The multiple field values can each be categorized as CatA, CatB, CatC and CatD. And the Category is stored in another custom field called "IanTestSelectListSingleChoice". The different values in the IanTestSelectListMultiChoice field each belong to one Category only (either CatA, CatB, CatC or CatD). However there is a hierarchy in the Categories cos CatA > Catb > CatC > CatD.
What I am trying to achieve is that when value changes in IanTestSelectListMultiChoice field, I want to automatically set the IanTestSelectListSingleChoice to the HIGHEST ranking category.
My thinking was to create two lookup tables - one to map Value to Category and then a second table mapping Category to a Rank value so that in a loop I can compare the Category Rank of each value and always select the highest ranked category until ultimately I can choose the highest rank category to set in the IanTestSelectListSingleChoice field . But I have become stuck with this approach and am wondering if it is indeed possible. Any help would be much appreciated
Just to add, this would be possible with a complicated calculation but the mapping between value and category may occasionally change so having them in a lookup table makes it easy to modify the automation


