Hey!
I have 2x automated rules setup in Jira that will be applied around release processes.
The process is:
When a ticket moves from the status 'In QA' --> 'Dev Complete', the ticket is added to the fix version 'vNext'
The vNext fix version in Jira is used as the 'parking lot' for tickets that are ready to be planned into the next release. During release planning, the team will manually add a new fixversion to each ticket, to specify the release # and date etc.
My rule created to add tickets from 'In QA' --> 'Dev Complete' works fine, and tickets are added to vNext as expected:

Rule 2
I have a second rule where I'd like the fix version 'vNext' to be removed as a fixversion once the ticket moves further down the release process/workflow. This is so the vNext queue doesn't get clogged with tickets that are already in the release process/workflow, and we only see tickets in the vNext fixversion that are ready to be planned into the next release.
However, rule 2 I have setup is clearing ALL fix versions from the ticket upon status change. However, I only want to remove the specific fixversion: vNext
This how rule 2 has been setup:

And the JSON included in this rule is:

{ "name": "Remove Fix Version vNext", "enabled": true, "projectKey": "SFCC", "trigger": { "event": "jira.issue.updated", "conditions": [ { "field": "fixVersion", "operator": "contains", "value": "vNext" } ] }, "actions": [ { "action": "edit", "field": "fixVersion", "operation": "remove", "value": "vNext" } ] }
I admit I asked chatgpt for this JSON as I was struggling!
Please could I get some direction with Rule 2, so I'm retaining the new fixversion manually added, and only removing vNext
Thanks!