I wish to prepopulate the Summary field.
I created an automation rule to do that. However, when I press the Create button and enter the details, I am getting an error to fill in the Summary field.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi Marco,
Quick answer is that you cannot prepopulate the Summary field.
You can create an automation rule to update the Summary field after the issue is created, but that's the best you can do.
Dear @Marco Scicluna
Prepopulating the Summary field through an automation rule typically won't work as expected because automation rules are triggered after the issue is created. This means they can't populate fields during issue creation.
These possible solutions may be helpful:
However, this approach might be limited, as it doesn't allow dynamic changes.
Dear Anahit, Thank you for your prompt feedback.
Excuse my ignorance in this world of JIRA Could you please give me an example on how to create the post function in (2) above? Thank you.
No worries at all!
Sure! Here’s how you can create a Post Function to populate the Summary field during issue creation:
Navigate to the Workflow:
Select the "Create" Transition:
Add a Post Function:
Choose the Post Function Type:
Configure the Post Function:
"Default Summary for New Issues"
"New Issue Created by ${reporter}"
Reorder the Post Functions:
Publish the Workflow:
I am not seeing the Post Functions tab. Could it be because I am using JIRA Cloud?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.