I have a database with a Page Link field set to Fixed (create page under this one).
I start typing the name of the page I want to create: "Truck Hire."
While I am typing "Truck Hir" everything is fine; the first option in the drop down menu is "Create this page."
Once I type "Truck Hire," the algorithm decides that any of a dozen other pages are a more likely fit for what I want (for instance, "Haul Truck Cesium Data"), AND I CAN NO LONGER CREATE A PAGE. The option to create a page is gone, replaced by random links that may or may not include the letters t, r, u, c, or k.
If I keep typing to "Truck Hired," the option to create a page magically reappears.
How is this not idiocy of the highest level? Who designed a dropdown box that lets algorithmic suggests overwrite the direct input of the user?
How is it literally every single interaction with Confluence fails at random times? I can't even reliably enter a page name.